Sunday 1 November 2009

Script & Name

We have decided to call our film "Beguiled".

Script:

Harry slowly walking away, over his shoulder he throws the badge.


Harry Voiceover: I was always told to keep my friends close but my enemies closer. Whoever told me that was an idiot.


Secretary: Captain Carter will see you now Harry.
Harry gets up and walks through a busy main office, opens door and walks in office.
Captain: Ah! Stewart come in, take a seat.
Harry sits down.
Captain: I don’t know how to say this, but you have to know before everyone else. Pause. Harry, Nigel has been killed on duty. I’m sorry.
Long emotional pause.
Harry: Does Lily know?
Captain: Deep breath That’s the main reason I brought you in.
Dramatic pause
She’s been kidnapped.
Harry is shocked. Silence.
Captain: We want you on the case.
Captain slides a photo of Nigel and Lily across the desk.
Captain: We know this must be hard for you, but the fact you were close with them means you won’t fail.


Harry is leaning on a barrier overlooking the river with a cup of coffee in one hand, he gets the photo out of his pocket.
Harry: (To photo) I won’t fail you.
Slowly walks away, putting the photo back in his pocket. He gets his phone out and calls his new partner.
Smith picks up phone
Harry: Smith, meet me at Nigel’s, we need forensics. Have the forensics come back on Nigel’s body?
Smith: No, but the body was pretty messed up. They should be with us within the next two days. God it’s hectic, down here. Where are you?
Harry: Collecting my thoughts
Harry hangs up phone and leaves Smith in a busy office.


Smith waits outside a house as Harry pulls up. Harry gets out of car and walks up to Smith. Smith hands him a cup of coffee and start to walk towards the house.
Smith: (talking to Harry) Forensics are already in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment